44 photographers x 1 dress =

pHoTo LoVe!

The Matilda Jane pHoTo LoVe contest has begun!

44 photographers were chosen to receive an identical dress, and the challenge was to photograph it in a way that incorporates our own unique vision and style. I posted HERE about my round-and-round adventure with The Dress (*urp*), and have to say that I wouldn’t change a thing about my final image. Love it to bits and pieces (even if it does still make me queasy, LOL). Plus, it was such a fun diversion during this hectic, busy, stressful time of year…I really had to think outside the box (and fresh, creative ideas are not exactly a dime a dozen right now, for any photographer).

The contest ends this Sunday, and I encourage all of you to support your favorite image by voting (it doesn’t necessarily have to be *JUST* mine that you vote for ;) )

sugar

RULES: Voting is done by adding your favorite photographers to your shopping bag and then checking out. You can add as many photographers as you want to your bag, but don’t waste your time adding a photographer a million times to your bag because multiple votes for the same photographer in one bag are ignored. Also, you can check out only once from your IP address. Checking out more than once from your IP address will not be counted in our system. Voting will end Sunday, December 6 at midnight. Voting takes place on the Matilda Jane Clothing website.

Oh, when you hit Submit, a confirmation page appears asking you to double check everything. You must hit Submit one more time on this page for your votes to register.

16 Comments

1. Mary said . . .

Just voted! Your picture is the best!

Posted December 1, 2009 at 8:18 pm | Permalink
  2. Kelly said . . .

I voted for you!! So exciting!

Posted December 1, 2009 at 9:15 pm | Permalink
  3. Jaime said . . .

Just voted for you! Your photo definitely stands out among the other pictures!!

Posted December 1, 2009 at 10:31 pm | Permalink
  4. Nikki said . . .

I have never commented on your blog, although I check it out daily (as well as your site for Coco). You, truly, are an amazing photographer. I wish, wish, wish you lived closer to me because although I love the pics of my sweet kids, I would love nothing more than a Jen Weintrab experience! This pic of “the” dress is awesome. I went through each picture on the Matilda Jane website, and there were only 2, maybe 3 that I thought even stood a chance next to your shot. Your work is so inspiring. Good luck- I will vote as often as I can : )

Posted December 1, 2009 at 11:35 pm | Permalink
  5. Mica said . . .

Love your work and subscribe to the blog for inspiration. :)

I went to the site fully intending to vote for the best pic, not necessarily yours – but you definitely took the cake with the most natural expression, vibrant colors and originality. Kudos!

Posted December 2, 2009 at 12:48 am | Permalink
  6. Dawn Pickens said . . .

I voted too!! Great work!!!

Posted December 2, 2009 at 12:19 pm | Permalink
  7. LeighAnn said . . .

I voted too and also agree that your’s really is the best of them all!!!

Posted December 2, 2009 at 1:51 pm | Permalink
  8. hazem hammad said . . .

soooooooooooooooooooooo nice mamoooooo

Posted December 2, 2009 at 5:57 pm | Permalink
  9. Tamara said . . .

L O V E your photo! It is soooo fun! I voted

Posted December 2, 2009 at 6:33 pm | Permalink
  10. guen said . . .

Jen, I don’t know you, I don’t know anyone who knows you, so I had no reason to be biased when viewing the photos. However, as much as I loved looking at those lovely photos of beautiful little girls, I honestly thought yours to be the best. It was so wonderfully fresh, natural and completely uncontrived (is that a word??). The sense of movement added excitement to the photo. The lack of props was refreshing. You’ve managed to capture that little girl’s incredible sparkle and the fun of the dress she is wearing and you needed nothing else to do that but your camera. Your photo truly stands out. I hope you win!

Posted December 3, 2009 at 5:57 pm | Permalink
  11. Cara said . . .

Yours is definitely the best, so of course I voted for you! I feel like yours captures the dress so much better — the others all looked so drab to me, and yours looks so vibrant (the dress and the picture itself). Plus it’s an incredibly cute picture!:)

Posted December 4, 2009 at 12:47 am | Permalink
  12. sally said . . .

You really are a great photographery

Posted December 5, 2009 at 10:36 pm | Permalink
  13. Elisa Martin said . . .

The photo was very beautiful and looked so real- truly a very capable
    and professional photograhe!!

Posted December 6, 2009 at 3:39 pm | Permalink
  14. Jackie said . . .

Great Image, Jen! I voted for ya :)

Posted December 8, 2009 at 9:23 am | Permalink
  15. Lisa Lawrence said . . .

Jen, I just voted! Is there a prize for the winner? Somehow I missed that part.Good luck!

Posted December 9, 2009 at 6:02 pm | Permalink
  16. Jen Weintraub said . . .

Thanks everyone!

Lisa-yes, the votes tonight narrow it to the top 3, and the company picks the winner (who gets the spring line (yay! clothes for Coco!), and a trip to their headquarters to tour the facility.

plus, a really REALLY big gold star. (okay, so maybe that last part is just in my head. LOL)

Posted December 9, 2009 at 6:14 pm | Permalink

One Trackback

1. By Go VOTE! « life as a wife on December 6, 2009 at 3:45 pm

[...] for her today! Voting ends tonight, so vote quick! For instructions and a link to the page, click here. Vote for your favorite picture, but seriously Jen’s is obviously the best! [...]